Thursday, January 10, 2008

Eh, Thursday

I'm tres bored at work. I've been working really hard all week and now I have nothing to do. Well, nothing that I really want to do. And nothing that's going to take me more than 20 minutes. Senior flaked on a two hour planning meeting and barely batted an eyelash. So you know what that means: I'm done with him for the day until he redeems himself. Junior hasn't actually been that bad. I think he's trying really hard to get along with me, so I'm trying to make the same effort. Some of his ideas are still from left field, but I find it easier to just say okay and wait for him to work out the kinks than to get frustrated.

It may sound like I don't care about my job, but I do. I might even love it if I had a better idea of where I was headed and what everyone's agendas were. I would say 75% of the cubes feel that way, which is unfortunate. And I'm not sure the outsiders realize how miserable they'd be if we all left at the same time. So, I've been doing a grazing job search. Not really applying or tuning up my resume, but seeing what's out there. And there's a lot to see, so that not so serious job search may be stepped up.

In other news, guess who has a date? Yup, its more than a month away, and its to a wedding, but whatever. I'll take what I can get. I'm going with someone I've gone out with before. We didn't end badly, but I definitely didn't give my all in getting to know him, so I kinda feel like this is a second chance.  And I have a wonderful dress, now I only have to worry about looking good in it. I went to the gym last night and will probably go again tonight. I only did 30 minutes, but my muscles definitely felt it. Craziness. And I think I'm going to take a few long lunch breaks to do yoga or something. It'll get me out of the office and stretch me out. And on that note, I'm out of the office and on to the gym...