Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Illusion of Success

This is what I've been dealing with for the past couple of weeks in various incarnations. I feel like I'm doing better, only to have the hard facts tell me otherwise. For instance, last week I decided I'd have a salad at least once a day. And no not a fat laden, protein heavy salad, either. These were good, wholesome numbers. Even my clothes were feeling pretty good. So when I got on the scale on Saturday, I was expecting the numbers to have decreased. Instead, they went up! Being a girl, there's always the possibility that the increase is hormonal, but still. The same thing happened the week before when I increased my running times. The scale crept up, not down.

So two things have come from this. First, I'm so frustrated! What else can I do? Change my diet, nothing happens. Change my workouts, nothing happens. I think I need professional help. Second, hormones or not, I've reached my breaking point. In other words, the point on the scale where I go hardcore because the number is too high. Where I stop being lazy and do double workouts and whatnot. Should be a fun summer, huh?