Monday, October 6, 2008

We Now Return To Our Regularly Scheduled Program...

Wow! That was a crazy week. I had so much going on, with the holidays and birthdays and work, I barely noticed it fly by. The weekend was full, too. I went to the annual potluck out in Coatesville, then swung by King of Prussia for my sister, before driving all the way over to Brinton Lakes for my mom's birthday dinner. Sunday, the only commitment I had was breakfast with my dad (a full 5 days after the actual holiday) and half of the twin duo. We went to my favorite breakfast spot, Sabrina's. Although the stuffed challah french toast was CALLING ME (seriously, it took all my control and a look at my before pictures) I ordered the tofu scramble and added a few polenta fries. I went home planning to take a cat nap and do my grocery shopping. I didn't wake up until after 3 and decided I had enough food to last me until Monday. Even with my extended nap, I was still in bed by 11 and asleep by 11:30.

So, this morning, I'm feeling pretty good. I'm well rested, I have my green smoothie (apple, mango, spinach, lemon, little honey), some miso soup, and I'll probably have a nice salad for lunch. I'm thinking of making the trek to Saad's. I haven't seen him in ages (and I have the waistline to prove it) and it would give me a chance to pray at the musala. After work I'm kinda jonesin for a run, so maybe I'll actually make that happen.

In other news, I've decided not to go to San Fran for the Nike Women's Marathon. It wasn't the money, it was me. I want to run my first marathon, not walk it and barely make it across the finish line. And even though I'm losing my $110 registration, it's a lot less than the additional $700 I'd be spending on hotel and airfare. I was a little sad when I saw the reminder emails in my box this morning, but I'm getting over it. And I think I'll still do the virtual half marathon. As far as races go, I have no plans any time soon. I really have to get back into the swing of things. But I'm feeling good and eager to add feeling strong to that also...