Sunday, February 1, 2009

And miles to go...

Well, it's here. The 09 training season. And I got it started right, with a 10k this morning. And let me tell you, after two Broad Street Runs and various 5k's and 5 miles, this was my hardest race ever. It was nothing but hills, up one, down another. A few miles were just uphill. And there was cars on the road. I guess they couldn't close the roads off since we ran through a residential area. But my girl, N, and I pulled through and finished happily. That is until I got to the finishers' tent and found that all they had left was beer. Yes, beer. Not one, but two kinds of beer at that. I did get a great shirt, though (Brooks long sleeve technical), so I may still do it again, hiccups and all.

I'm glad to know I have six (albeit slow) miles in me. And after last week, I have the kick in the pants I need to keep my ass in the gym for the next eight weeks. That's when the squad is taking a little R&R to Boston and I plan on doing my first clothes shopping in about 4 months. Can we say single digit sizes? Maybe even cutting previous sizes in half? Yes we can...