Thursday, March 19, 2009

So much for that...

Since Monday, I've been following Brendan Brazier's Thrive diet. It's about 90-95% raw. The pizzas and burgers are baked and the rest is salads, energy bars, and smoothies. But today, since I didn't make a salad last night and was planning on going to spinning this morning, I decided to break out of the mold and have the Thursday special: Mexican Tortilla Soup and a side salad from the small lunch café across the way. Be clear, this is no ordinary soup. It's thick and spicy, it's homemade and it's vegetarian. No, it's not vegan, although I could probably order it so. Before adding in the soup, my friendly server adds a quarter fresh avocado, toasted tortilla strips, and buffalo mozzarella. Then, she tops if off with a little sour cream. Yes, I love this soup. But apparently, it doesn't do my body good.

I've been feeling pretty good this week. No midday blackouts, no crazy hunger pains. But right now, about an hour to 90 minutes after I finished my lunch, all I want is a nap. I thought I could feel the blood leaving my brain to rush to my stomach right after I finished, but figured it was just my imagination. Guess I was right. Good to know. Oh, and the tortilla strips where the first refined thing I'd had all week, so maybe gluten also isn’t my thing. I'm going to continue my informal test to see if I'm allergic to it or even have celiac (sp?) disease. My mom, too. Ok, tea time...