Friday, June 13, 2008

Gold star for me!




Yes! I did it! I got my ass moving. This morning, when my alarm went off at 5:30, I got a little defensive, but then my disappointment from the day before came back to me and I said, failure is not an option, but snoozing is. So I gave myself another 30 minutes of sleep and the option of doing yoga with the TV. When 6am came and I turned on Awake (with Steve Ross, yeah), I realized that I wanted to get moving. I cut the TV off, put on my clothes, and was out the door in 10 minutes.

Side note: In the car, I realized I should probably have added a little brushing of the teeth and washing of the face to my morning routine, as evidenced by the dried drool on my face.

Because of my indecisiveness, I only had time for a 20 minute run. But so what. The point is that I got out there and it felt great. It did wonders for my work day. And I was able to get my hair and nails done with the freedom of knowing that my workout is out of the way.

Tomorrow, I have a raw foods thing with M and it starts at 8:15. At first, I tried to decided if I'd substitute yoga for a run. But then I admitted to myself what I knew was the right thing to do. Even though its Saturday, I'll be getting up at 5:30am, insha Allah, and doing my run before meeting M. And if all goes well, I'll go to yoga, too.

Optimism must be in the air early in the morning...