Sunday, June 15, 2008

Detoxing is a motherfucker...

It's day one of my 30 day raw food challenge and boy, its been a doozy. I did laundry at my mom's house and suffered part sensory overload, part food deprivation. I still have a killer headache, though the nausea seems to have gone away. I knew my mom's well stocked home would be a big challenge, so I went against my secretive nature and told her what I was trying to do: 75-80% raw, 100% vegan. I think she's supportive. Anyway, the sight and smell of the food in her house really did me in. I felt bombarded by every little thing. By the end of the night, I couldn't stomach watching them eat. Isn't it a little early to have such a strong reaction?

I can only imagine what the rest of the week holds for me. I'm off to San Fran until Thursday morning. Then its graduation time. Now, I'll try to get 3 hours sleep before packing and catching my very early flight.