Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Raw Life, Days 2 and 3

So, yesterday I flew into San Fran. And the raw offerings in the airports, Philly and ATL, were very few. I had a larabar on the plane, then a smoothie in Atlanta. It was supposed to be all fruit, but who knows what they added, at the least sugar. I had one of my grapefruits from home when I got to my hotel, then waited 2 hours for my dinner company. I'd say I had a headache by 2 or 3pm, East coast time. And it stayed with me until I fell asleep last night.

Today, after a $12 room service fruit plate, I survived the ultimate test: a trip to Starbucks. But I rose above the coffee fumes and just got a Naked Superfood drink. Lunch was salad, although there was probably dairy in the dressing. My stomach was killing me during our volunteering on Baker Beach. I don't know what set it off, but I do know that since going raw, not only is my nose more sensitive, so is my stomach. I felt so bad, it wasn't until I was back in my room tonight that I realized that I didn't have a caffeine headache today. Yay! I feel like I conquered a demon. I can only imagine what a heroine addict feels like. Because I know there will be people and situations encouraging me to go back to my caffeine drinking ways.

I hope, insha Allah, that the freedom I feel not being motivated by food continues and truly becomes my lifestyle.