Monday, July 21, 2008

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

Here's to setting a goal, sticking to it, and seeing progress.

First of all, I've trained every day but two since initiating my marathon training. Granted, some days all I could muster was two miles. But the point is that I got my butt out of bed at 6am three days last week, went to Valley Green and put in some major miles, and went to the gym when then heat was too much. I'm feeling pretty good, although I see some yoga on the horizon to combat the tightness in my upper back and hip. This week, hopefully I can bust out a few four milers to go with my threes, and keep my momentum going. I figure I have about 8 weeks of early morning runs, then it'll be Ramadan, and then the time will change and I can do evening runs again.

Secondly, I've been smashing my weight goals. The middle number that changed a few weeks ago seems like its ready to change yet again. In other vague words, as of this morning, I'm half a pound away from a number I haven't seen since college. How's that for motivation? The scale is moving so steadily, it takes all my control to limit myself to only checking its progress once a week. I think this week I'll evaluate my wardrobe. If nothing else, I need to switch to my skinny jeans. That's right, my skinny jeans!

I'm still very much raw, holding steady at a good 90-95%. I am a little concerned that I'm not eating enough, so that'll be something I work on this coming week. I also finally got a spirulizer. It kind of broke the bank, so I'm feeling a little poor now, but it feels good to check it off the list. I'll try to remember to take pics of my first attempt at angel hair 'pasta' with marinara sauce.

So maybe this post title was a little misleading, because I'm chugging right along...