Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Running and little else...

Just a short update today…
Yesterday, there was a 5 miler on the Broad Street Plan, but between rain and a just generally sucky day, I worked out with Alicia at Platinum Silhouette. We did back, shoulders, and abs. And I think I might have progressed quite a bit since the last time a strength trained. The weights seemed kind of light and there's no soreness. Even my back, which has been bothering me around bed time seems fine. It's not better, but it's not worse, either.

On a side note, while driving into Center City to see Alicia, I couldn't believe my eyes. There were runners everywhere, despite the rain and mid 40's temp. I felt some kind of way, like I didn't get the memo or something. So today I was sure to bring my running gear and my new Nike jacket, so I have no excuse not to get my run in, rain or shine.

I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to arrange my workouts later this week. Ideally, I'd get in another 5 miler and an 8 miler. But I'm supposed to get my hair done on Sat and will probably be in Atlantic City until at least Sunday afternoon. I think I'm going to have to write this out to make it work. Yeah, still looks kind of muddy. It's either a REALLY early run on Sat, leave AC Sat night so I can get some sleep and go for a run, do the 8 on a treadmill at the hotel (don't even want to think about that one), or running Sunday after I get back from AC, which I kind of don't see happening.

I think I'm going to just end up getting them in where ever they fit in. So, 5 milers whenever I can stand it for Wed-Sat., then I can take it easy or maybe get in a short hotel run Sunday morning. Doing what I can, but still raising the bar...