Friday, April 17, 2009

Whew, that was a close one!

Remember that dilemma I had on Wednesday? How to get in a long run among all my other workouts and life and whatnot? Well, there must be something about the last few minutes of the work week that make the brain do amazing things. It JUST occurred to me to call my stylist and ask her to push my appointment back to midday. That way, I can get up at a decent time, fuel properly, and get my long run in. That also means that I can rest up tonight, thank God! I've been pushing it kind of hard (in my world) for the past few days. I did my 5 miler on the treadmill (it was awesome, I felt great) on Wednesday. Then, just because the weather was so great, I squeezed in a 3 miler just before my swim (1000m) on Thursday. And today I know what it means to have muscle fatigue. My legs are literally done. They're not sore, just tired, so a break will feel pretty good. A massage would feel even better (hint, hint). I'm wondering if this is what their supposed to feel like and if I'm supposed to push through the fatigue for another workout, just to get my muscles used to it. Oh well, I'm going to play it safe and rest up for a nice long 8 miler tomorrow. Now, what's for dinner?